Chief Financial Officer
With a platform reach of over 20 million users in over 200 countries and a 5-star App Store rating, Tinybeans is on a mission to help families create real connections with each other and with tailored resources to help them thrive.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall financial and operational management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
The CFO manages the company’s financial situation by observing the current capital structure and developing long-term financial goals. They play an integral role in driving the success of the company by monitoring financial performance and developing a profitable financial plan.
How you can make an impact:
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to the senior executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage and interact with the Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors and investors.
- Recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting and payroll staff as required.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by the leadership team.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
- Engage finance committee and/or board of directors to develop short term and long term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent the company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
- Mentor and develop a team, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Role model Tinybeans core values and demonstrate leadership consistently with all Tinybeans employees.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance + CPA Required
- MBA from top 10 business school preferred
- 2+ years experience in a senior finance role at a U.S. publicly traded company
- 10+ years total accounting or finance experience, with at least 5+ in a management role
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance and SEC reporting.
- Background coordinating with I.T. staff and systems implementation experience strongly preferred.
- “Hands On” Accounting Systems Experience - Xero experience preferred
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
- Experience with investors and also dealing with exchanges.
What We Provide You With:
- Competitive compensation + generous annual stock options
- Health, dental, vision, and 401K
- Unlimited Vacation policy + 10 holidays
- Work from home flexibility
- Welcome you to be part of a publicly-traded company with global reach
- A playful team that supports one another like family