Chief Growth Officer
Tinybeans is Where Parents Go. Combining the #1 most trusted private photo-sharing and journaling app, the #1 national and local website for advice on raising amazing kids, and a burgeoning, video first parenting community, Tinybeans is the inclusive go-to resource for Millennial and GenZ parents. We feel fortunate to be playing an even more important role in parents’ lives everywhere.
With a platform reach of over 20 million users, a deep content partnership with Apple and a 5-star App Store rating, Tinybeans is on a mission to help families create real connections with each other and with tailored resources to help them thrive.
Your Part in Our Mission:
The Chief Growth Officer (CGO) leads the strategy and execution of the Tinybeans audience growth and direct to consumer revenue strategies. The role is vital to deliver scale with our audience growth and enable consumer revenues to be as large as advertising revenues in the next 2 years. Tinybeans is on a mission to become the go to destination for parents.
The role also leads the team responsible for various strategies across multiple audience growth channels, including, SEO, social media, partnerships, ASO and paid media.
Ensure all strategies tie into core company KPIs, including Growth (Top funnel: MUV, subs, App store views, app downloads), and Consumer Revenues (subscriptions, ecommerce, printing and another source directly or indirectly sourced via the consumer).
Responsibilities include both individual contribution and management of a team of part-time and full-time employees and contractors.
Note:Research indicates that women and individuals from marginalized groups tend to apply only when they meet all of the criteria. After reading the below, if you believe you’re qualified, but don’t necessarily check every box, please submit an application.
You will …
- Drive awareness and create an unparalleled, well-recognized brand for Tinybeans beyond the parent community;
- Develop an external strategic marketing plan and program, which highlights our target audiences, and leverage our recent successes to grow and scale the brand from being a startup company to becoming a recognized global brand;
- Lead and execute all marketing efforts related to audience development in partnership with the brand marketing team.
- Drive significant value to our audiences for engagement, retention and new user acquisition.
- Develop and execute innovative, out-of-the-box brand building activations to build awareness, brand equity and drive user growth;
- Evangelize the company’s brand and product proposition and build a compelling marketing message to a community of parents;
- Drive partnerships that enable user growth and reach for the Tinybeans community;
- Grow the subscription strategy and drive the growth of this stream that creates accelerated growth, retention and LTV. Craft a strategy for conversion from free to more paying subscriptions and increase LTV;
- Grow the e-commerce strategy and drive the growth of this relatively new revenue stream across the platform. Identify compelling and impactful strategies that drive the company’s consumer sales initiatives forward;
- Manage brand portfolio, differentiating the brand and social content
- Leverage consumer insights to inform ad, content and eCommerce strategy
- Bring strong analytical, big-picture thinking and leadership skills to develop marketing campaigns aimed at increasing loyalty, customer retention and the lifetime value of the customer. These programs must be delivered to the customer through the right channels, at the right time, with the best message to gain the desired results. The programs and campaigns should be tested and measured at critical stages to ensure maximum results.
- Oversee the company’s marketing strategy, including audience development, social media, influencer marketing, and content creation and distribution.
- Analyze weekly KPI performance and identify areas for opportunity & optimization as well as providing additional context
- Leverage relationships to build internal and external partnerships that drive growth KPIs
- Identify opportunities to build programs in-house that will support growth goals, as well as sales
- Manage and be accountable for marketing budget driving the goals.
- Set up and measure relevant business processes and metrics.
- Drive daily execution and enhancement of the company’s overall marketing strategy.
- Analyze the competition and review results of market research adjusting the company’s marketing strategy accordingly.
- Demonstrates a continual track record of success from month to month and year to year
You are New York Based and a/an …
- Exceptional leader and team player who has the ability to establish a long-term vision and inspire people at all levels, with the ability to segment, develop, and target the appropriate audience segments, while optimizing the efficiency of the growth budget.
- Tinybeans is a place where you will be able to do your best work, with a product that touches people’s lives in so many ways, and a team cheering for your success! Creating exciting, bold, and engaging experiences, you will help Tinybeans not only to grow brand awareness but also develop fun and meaningful ways to connect with our audience.
- Family comes first: Support you across all aspects of your personal/family life
- Enable you to make a difference and work in an inclusive culture
- Offer you a hybrid office + remote work schedule
- Expose you to all aspects of a start-up experiencing incredible growth.
- Welcome you to be part of a publicly traded company with a global reach
- Offer you competitive compensation + yearly stock options
- Health, dental, vision, and 401K
- Encourage you to recharge your batteries; generous time off policy, additional sick & personal time and 10 paid holidays.
Support you like family as part of our playful team
You must have …
- Successful track record as a VP/SVP or Growth officer in the consumer technology space
- Experience with audience building and consumer revenues (subscriptions & ecommerce)
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent business experience
- 5+ years’ of growth/subscription experience in a startup, high growth, or medium-sized company (preferred)
- Experience in an early start start up growth company where you’ve had to roll up your sleeves
- Team builder who has overseen a growing marketing team.
- Proven track record of user growth and engagement
At Tinybeans, we work hard and are committed to building a diverse team, fostering an inclusive culture, and investing in equity across our organization. Together, with our different perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds, our people are successful in jobs and are better able to address the needs of our customers.