Tinybeans (“the Company”) is a publicly traded tech company (ASX: TNY) (OTCQX: TNYYF) that is in active growth mode, continuing to invest in fulfilling our mission: to connect parents and their families with the most trusted tools on the planet to help them thrive. We feel fortunate to be welcoming more users to our platforms than ever before and playing an even more important role in parents’ lives.
With a platform reach of over 20 million users, a deep content partnership with Apple and a 5-star App Store rating, Tinybeans is on a mission to help families create real connections with each other and with tailored resources to help them be at their very best.
Your Part in Our Mission:
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer of Tinybeans, the Controller will run all day-to day controllership functions of the Company. The Controller will work across all departments in the Company, liaise with Tinybeans’s accounting and finance partners both internal and external, and interact with Tinybeans executive leadership to fulfill various analyses and requests. (NYC Office based position)
You will …
The Controller’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leading the finance team through monthly, quarterly, and half year closes within our reporting and compliance framework
• Overseeing traditional accounting functions such as billing, collections, sales commissions, accounts payable and accrued expenses, payroll, etc
• Interpreting and applying IFRS accounting standards, including those specific to the technology and software industry
• Preparing periodic balance sheet packages and controllership dashboards for review with CFO and CEO
• Leading the annual audit process with a global external audit firm
• Liaising with all external tax preparers for accurate return compliance, and maximize efficiency and outcomes of tax and legal entity structure
• Managing all general ledger, subledger, and project accounting maintenance and reporting
• Overseeing and enforcing all accounting policies and procedures, including memo and narrative preparation, position papers, and documentation support
• Forecasting the company’s cash flow and managing treasury activity, including working capital
You are someone who …
• Enjoys working in a high growth, start up environment
• Aspires for continuous improvement
• Strives to figure out and implement best practices
• Can think big but also dive deep
• Can fill gaps where needed and run into open field
• Tackles special projects between the busy periods
• Enables you to make a difference and work in an inclusive culture
• Offer you a hybrid office + remote work schedule
• Expose you to all aspects of a start-up experiencing incredible growth
• Welcome you to be part of a publicly traded company with a global reach
• Health, dental, vision, and 401K
• Encourage you to recharge your batteries; generous time off policy, additional sick & personal time and 10 paid holidays.
• Support you like family as part of our playful team
You must have …
At Tinybeans, we work hard and are committed to building a diverse team, fostering an inclusive culture, and investing in equity across our organization. Together, with our different perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds, our people are successful in jobs and are better able to address the needs of our customers.