Director of Customer Support
Tinybeans is a publicly-traded tech company that is in active growth mode, continuing to invest in fulfilling our mission- to connect parents and their families with the most trusted tools on the planet to help them thrive. We feel fortunate to be welcoming more users to our platforms than ever before and playing an even more important role in parents’ lives..
With a platform reach of over 20 million users, a deep content partnership with Apple and a 5-star App Store rating, Tinybeans is on a mission to help families create real connections with each other and with tailored resources to help them thrive.
Your Part in Our Mission:
We are looking for a Director of Customer Support to lead our team of customer support managers. This role will lead the team that works directly with Tinybeans users on a day-to-day basis and set the example for what a world-class customer experience looks like. This leader will work cross-functionally to ensure every best practice and policy serves our customer and ensures that every interaction is one that will leave the customer thinking more highly of Tinybeans than ever. Your input will be pivotal to shaping how customers interact with Tinybeans on our apps, website and across email, live-chat, and more as we grow Tinybeans into the #1 digital parenting platform globally.
As the Director of Customer Support, you will oversee a team who is responsible for all reactive customer support for our products. We are seeking an exceptional leader who will double down on customer centricity, use data to make informed decisions and be both strategic and human in their management of Support functions.
- Lead and help scale a customer centric, motivated and high performing Support organization
- Drive the vision for the future of Support at Tinybeans, and introduce innovative ways to support our customers with the goal of achieving the highest standards in customer satisfaction
- Ensure the teams meet and exceed our aggressive Support expectations, performing at or above industry leading targets including response time, resolution time, and customer satisfaction
- Develop infrastructure to ensure the teams scale in a cost effective and efficient manner, including focusing on process improvements and technological integrations
- Serve as the primary escalation point for Support questions or issues while working cross functionally across engineering, sales, product, and marketing to ensure successful customer outcomes
- Manage and oversee team of specialists that support point in time transactional services to drive value realization
- Detect emerging trends in customer experience, drivers of customer action, change in the agent experience, and articulate those qualified insights across stakeholder groups for strategic action
- Be the “Voice of the Customer” to the Product team to ensure we continue to evolve ways that align with the goals of our customers while also delivering long term solutions
- Maintain and advise on best practices for customer support platform (HelpDesk)
Who you are...
- You are data driven and goal oriented, you measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively, and understand the importance of both
- Your communication skills are unrivaled, and you know how to make people listen and understand
- You are curious and resourceful with a natural ability to solve problems and seek new information
- You can see the big picture, but are willing to dive into the details to move projects along
- You are a team player with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- You have a proven track record of success in scaling Support teams and maintaining SLAs.
- You are knowledgeable of the latest best practices and technologies in the CX ecosystem and believe there is always a way we can continuously improve
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about enriching family lives and building the most helpful platform for parents.
We will …
- Provide you with flexible Work From Home policy
- Expose you to all aspects of a start-up experiencing incredible growth.
- Enable you to make a difference globally
- Welcome you to be part of a publicly-traded company with a global reach
- Offer you competitive compensation + yearly stock options
- Health, dental, vision, and 401K
- Encourage you to recharge your batteries; Generous time off policy, additional sick & personal time, and 10 paid holidays
- A playful team that supports one another like family
You Must Have...
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience in customer experience
- You have at least 5 years of CRM experience with Help Desk, Zendesk or similar platforms.
- Experience directly managing a high performing, distributed team with a minimum of 5+ years of people management experience
Bonus: You have 2 years of digital subscription management experience
Education & experience...
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent business experience
- You have a computer science, engineering or technical background
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
At Tinybeans, we work hard and are committed to building a diverse team, fostering an inclusive culture, and investing in equity across our organization. Together, with our different perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds, our people are successful in jobs and are better able to address the needs of our customers.