Head of Editorial
Tinybeans is a publicly-traded tech company that is in active growth mode, continuing to invest in fulfilling our mission- to connect parents and their families with the most trusted tools on the planet to help them thrive. We feel fortunate to be welcoming more users to our platforms than ever before and playing an even more important role in parents’ lives.
With a platform reach of over 20 million users, a deep content partnership with Apple and a 5-star App Store rating, Tinybeans is on a mission to inspire, inform, service and delight parents and their families.
Your Part in Our Mission:
The Head of Editorial leads and oversees the company’s editorial voice, strategy and vision. Reporting to the CMO and collaborating with every department, they will scale and grow the editorial content in a thoughtful, on brand and metrics-first way. You will be critical to the challenges of brand integration as the company builds one brand vision via all content touchpoints in a positive and cohesive way, using your social media skills and experience in community building.
The Head of Editorial drives strategic growth for the Tinybeans app, SEO traffic, newsletter traffic and affiliate marketing revenue across all local and national markets, relying on a metrics-first approach and creative initiatives. You will hire, manage, coach and engage a remote editorial team to drive creativity, growth and enthusiasm. Sets the tone, goals and process for achieving content strategy and distills strategy down to the editorial team.
What is the job about...
- Develop and institute a content strategy that elevates the brand while delivering on performance goals to maximize reach and impact.
- Ensure content is on-brand and consistent in terms of style and tone and is optimized to deliver the same user experience across all content touchpoints (app, email, social, web).
- Build a scalable content engine that grows brand awareness, drives new sessions and visitors, builds engagement, and creates a sense of community with a broad range of consumers.
- Develop a scalable content strategy that grows users via organic search and email, while maximizing affiliate marketing revenue.
- Develop a foolproof editorial calendar, and work ahead to ensure all content reaches maximum potential in a timely manner.
- Collaborate and interface with the product team to ensure product deliverables are inline with marketing and editorial initiatives and KPIs.
- Manage a cross-functional team of freelance editors, writers and other content producers, to meet all strategic deliverables. Develop goals and establish standards for measurement.
- Oversee editorial budget.
- Cultivate relationships with external editors at media outlets for content syndication and link building opportunities; manage existing content partnerships aimed at brand growth.
- Work with the marketing team to collaborate on SEO techniques and share measurable KPIs for organic traffic generation; supporting the company’s SEO goals through content, partnerships, and social media efforts.
- Hire, train and manage new freelance editors (where and when needed); set a tone and procedure for onboarding new editorial team membersIntroduce new freelance writers (where needed).
- 5 - 10 years editorial experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent business experience
- Extremely detail oriented, demonstrated copy-editing/writing skills and sense of brand voice
- Comfortable synthesizing data and using analytics software such as Google Analytics, Tableau and platform-specific reporting consoles.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently and collaborating with a remote team. Ability to prioritize effectively to manage day-to-day responsibilities and projects to a high standard of quality.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
What We Provide You With:
- Competitive compensation + yearly stock options
- Health, dental, vision, and 401K
- Unlimited PTO + 10 holidays
- Work from home flexibility
- Welcome you to be part of a publicly-traded company with global reach
- A playful team that supports one another like family