Lead Infrastructure Engineer
With a platform reach of over 20 million users in over 200 countries and a 5-star App Store rating, Tinybeans is on a mission to help families create real connections with each other and with tailored resources to help them thrive.
Every day millions of people including celebrities, politicians, and high-profile families rely on Tinybeans as their primary platform for capturing and sharing their children’s life stories while engaging in valuable and personalized content to help them in the journey of parenting.
Your Part in Our Mission:
Together with the VP of Engineering and senior members of the engineering team, you will help create and maintain the safest operating environment for Tinybeans users and developers. You will also have a significant impact on the platform infrastructure, support our product vision and long-term roadmap, and ensure we build a solid infrastructure for millions of existing users. We have ambitious yet realistic growth goals over the next 3 years and we would love to have you join us on the path to success.
How You Can Make an Impact:
- Build and manage the data infrastructure at scale that enables the rest of the company to easily interact with the mass-scale company data.
- Design and implement data pipelines from start to finish
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability and stability, automating processes, optimizing data delivery, etc.
- Drive speed, simplicity and robustness by automating production deployments.
- Design and develop dimensional data models and schema designs (OLTP, OLAP)
- Create tools for App Developers, Analysts and Data Scientists to work more efficiently together
- Partner closely with product to contribute to the Data Product roadmap
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own solutions end to end
What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong technology fundamentals in AWS technologies, Big Data, Docker, Networking, Security, CI/CD, DevOps
- Relevant experience (4+ years) contributing to Infrastructure operations, Data Warehouse Architecture, and DevOps
- Help with company’s overall data strategy, from developing technical infrastructure to assisting the data engineering team
- A very curious personality that likes to stay up-to-date with the latest technology and methodologies
- Inspiring character with a pragmatic hands-on mentality and a great team player
- Leading by example, driven, excellent execution and problem-solving skills
Bonus Points for:
- MS, MBA or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other related fields
- Exposure to OOP languages like Java, must be willing to learn if not
- Exposure to frameworks like Kubernetes, Snowflake, Redshift, Play, Ember, Spring and programmatic platforms a major plus
What We Provide You With:
- Competitive compensation + yearly stock options
- Health, dental, vision, and 401k
- 20 vacation days + sick and personal days + 10 holidays
- Work from home flexibility
- Welcome you to be part of a publicly traded company with global reach
- A playful team that supports one another like family