Product & Business Insights Analyst
“We would have missed watching two very special people grow and play, their changing faces and expressions, their new experiences and challenges if it weren’t for Tinybeans! It has been an amazing way to bring my family closer and feel connected to my new baby from afar. It truly has been so special for so many people in my life, particularly my older family members."
We get messages like these daily and need your help to spread the word to the world and impact families globally. What we do is changing families… It’s strengthening their connections with one another, it’s celebrating their children’s growth, it’s celebrating parents’ efforts, it’s reimagining how families remember their stories.
With nearly 4 million members in over 200 countries/territories (including celebrities, politicians and high-profile families) and a 5-star review in the App Store, Tinybeans is on a mission is to provide a safe and private way for parents to stay connected, capture, and share their most precious moments with family and friends.
As a Product & Business Insights Analyst, you will be involved in every aspect of the business growth process. This is not
someone who just pulls numbers over and over at the behest of the company, but
who proactively dives into our data to extract business and user insights. We want someone
who can take a messy dataset and make it clean and who can take a clean dataset
and make it sing.
As a member of
the Tinybeans data science team, you will aim to find meaning in the data we
have, go out and get the data we don’t. We leverage technology whenever
possible, and we strive to build systems that anticipate the needs of tomorrow
as well as solving the problems of today.
You are …
- Passionate about finding the story behind the numbers
- A reliable, self-driven data analyst with a proven track record of success.
- A team player who loves collaborating with product managers and UX designers, operating without ego - and having fun along the way.
- Eager and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable to the constant changes that happen every day in start-ups.
- Able and happy to communicate effectively across the company, advocating for the user in all situations.
You have …
- Experience in finding out the real story behind the numbers and creating actionable insights from large quantities of data
- Experience in analyzing and visualizing big data using Tableau and Google Analytics
- Expertise in SQL and optimizing complex queries for optimum performance
- Strong skills in Python or R and in-depth knowledge of data structures
- Familiarity with Java, Apache Spark, and machine learning
- Experience in tracking metrics across channels (app, web, emails, etc…)
- Experience in segmenting users based on demographics and usage
- The agility and confidence to make quick, effective decisions
- An unquenchable curiosity to uncover the psychology and behavioral contradictions of our users
- Presentation skills and knowledge of the best ways to visualize data
You will …
- Translate data into an engaging and insightful story upon which internal and external stakeholders can act
- Help define what are the essential data points to collect
- Help with the collection this data (eg. by defining tracking codes, cross-channel tracking, tracking cookies, etc.)
- Create reports to better understand how the business is doing
- Devise ways to measure campaigns
- Maintain a data platform that allows ready access to data and analysis
- Work with talented marketers and engineers to create awesome products that our sponsors adore and our users will love
We will …
- Provide you with a challenging and fun environment
- Give you a huge degree of freedom and flexibility
- Expose you to all aspects of a start-up experiencing incredible growth
- Enable you to make a difference globally
- Welcome you to be part of a publicly-traded company with a global reach
- Offer you a competitive package with health stock options
- Offer the "startup package" perks like working from home, flexible hours, etc.