Tinybeans is growing. As we transition to be the go-to resource for all things parenting, we are looking for a Product Designer with a passion for leveraging data and driving growth. In this role, you will collaborate with product managers, other designers, and product marketers to build web, iOS, and Android products that will inherently drive adoption and growth. The ideal candidate will have experience designing subscription products and a proven track record of designing products that directly influence company metrics.
This position will report to the Senior Product Designer. Tinybeans HQ is located in NYC, however remote applicants within the US are encouraged to apply. Must have an online portfolio for your application to be considered.
Note: Research indicates that women and individuals from marginalized groups tend to apply only when they meet all of the criteria. After reading the below, if you believe you’re qualified, but don’t necessarily check every box, please submit an application.
You will …
- actively participate in an evidence-driven product design process that contributes 4 experiments completed per month.
- contribute to creating an experience that our users love, achieving a net promoter score of 70 or above
- design and iterate on a Tinybeans subscription product with 45% conversion rate from free trial to paid
- design and iterate on a sign up and setup experience where 30% of users achieve 100% account setup
- contribute to product adoption with 60% of our users retained after 7 days.
- champion and embody the Tinybeans culture, mission, and values
Enable you to make a difference and work in an inclusive culture
Offer you a hybrid office + remote work schedule
Expose you to all aspects of a start-up experiencing incredible growth.
Welcome you to be part of a publicly traded company with a global reach
Offer you competitive compensation + yearly stock options
Health, dental, vision, and 401K
Encourage you to recharge your batteries; generous time off policy, additional sick & personal time and 10 paid holidays.
Support you like family as part of our playful team
You are going to be …
- designing and iterating on web products
- designing and iterating on iOS and Android products
- designing for subscription or e-commerce products
- simplifying highly complex signup and set-up flows so they are easily understandable for users
- rapid prototyping, iterating and refining design solutions based on user feedback
- drawing from qualitative and quantitative research and data analytics to uncover behavioral insights and inform design decisions
- running user tests or working with UX researchers to define qualitative hypotheses, questions, and qualitative metrics
- creating UX design artifacts (user journeys, wireframes, functional specs, etc)
- working within a design system and knowing when to iterate on existing components
- visual design and interaction design; delivering high-fidelity designs with an understanding of how design decisions may affect wholistic product ecosystems
- designing within human interface and material guidelines
- understanding accessibility and best practices across platforms
- communicating ideas and design rationale both verbally and visually
- partnering with marketing, engineers, and product managers
- prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines
- using the following tools: Adobe Suite, JIRA, XD/Figma/and or Sketch, Zeplin, and Survey Monkey. Bonus: user testing tools such as Userlytics or Usertesting.com, Miro, Leanplum, and Tableau.
At Tinybeans, we work hard and are committed to building a diverse team, fostering an inclusive culture, and investing in equity across our organization. Together, with our different perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds, our people are successful in jobs and are better able to address the needs of our customers.