Product Designer - Mobile App
Do you love creating memorable experiences? Do you want to build a beautiful product that millions of users will love? A product that makes a real difference in people’s lives?
You'll be joining one of the most thrilling and innovative tech start-ups in the parenting space.
Come help us during the company's most exciting time: we're expanding our product into an innovative new direction, our team is growing rapidly, we recently moved to a beautiful new office, and we're about to roll out a redesigned brand. We’re looking for a Senior Product/UX Designer to help us build a state-of-the-art product that will be loved by users all over the world.
This is not someone who just mocks up what a Product Manager tells them, but someone who researches and recommends features and tests with complete freedom to drive to our goals. We need someone who climbs into the user’s head and walks around in it, whose UX-sense tingles whenever a bad experience lurks around a corner, and who squashes UX inefficiencies until a single clear flow has our users dancing in the streets. And our users aren’t financial executives or marketing managers - they’re parents and grandparents sharing their most joyous moments with their families.
You will …
- Work with other talented designers and engineers to create awesome products that our users love.
- Lead a testing strategy of user interviews, surveys, and user testing, and then marry the results with quantitative data from our platform to generate and prove out the most promising hypotheses.
- Wireframe and provide final designs for new products, features, and enhancements.
- Get love every day from a passionate user base that’s head over heels for Tinybeans.
You are …
- A team player who loves collaborating with engineers and product managers, operating without ego - and having fun along the way.
- Comfortable in three key areas: research, flows/wireframing, and designing. This role does include the UI design step, but UX research and conceptualization are paramount.
- Adaptable to the constant changes that happen every day in start-ups.
- Able and happy to communicate effectively across the company, advocating for the user in all situations.
You have …
- 6+ years of UX experience in conceiving and crafting web experiences across devices, including native mobile.
- Expertise in Sketch, Invision, and Photoshop, with optional knowledge of usertesting.com and general analytics software.
- Familiarity with agile and scrum methodologies and a highly collaborative atmosphere.
- An ability to speak to users in a genuine, kind way and put them at ease.
- An unquenchable curiosity to discover the psychology of our users and suss out their behavioral contradictions.
- Exasperation at the poor UX we all encounter in our everyday lives.
- A portfolio of beautiful finished projects and the steps that got there, such as user testing and interview scripts, user story mapping, wireframes, flow diagrams, etc.
We will …
- Provide you with a challenging and fun environment.
- Give you a huge degree of freedom and flexibility.
- Expose you to all aspects of a start-up experiencing incredible growth.
- Enable you to make a difference globally.
- Welcome you to be part of a publicly traded company with global reach.
- Offer you a competitive package, with health, dental, vision, and including stock options.
- Encourage you to recharge your batteries; offering 4 weeks vacation, additional sick & personal time, and 10 paid holidays.