Product Designer - Mobile App
“We would have missed watching two very special people grow and play, their changing faces and expressions, their new experiences and challenges if it weren’t for Tinybeans! It has been an amazing way to bring my family closer and feel connected to my new baby from afar. It truly has been so special for so many people in my life, particularly my older family members."
We get messages like these daily and need your help to spread the word to the world and impact families globally. What we do is changing families… It’s strengthening their connections with one another, it’s celebrating their children’s growth, it’s celebrating parents’ efforts, it’s reimagining how families remember their stories.
With over 3.5 million members in over 200 countries/territories (including celebrities, politicians and high-profile families) and a 5-star review in the App Store, Tinybeans is on a mission is to provide a safe and private way for parents to stay connected, capture, and share their most precious moments with family and friends.
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills.
You will …
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something that will increase the conversion, retention, and usage of the product
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with Product Managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Get love every day from a passionate user base that’s head over heels for Tinybeans.
You are …
- A team player who loves collaborating with engineers and product managers, operating without ego - and having fun along the way
- Comfortable in three key areas: research, flows/wireframing, and designing. While the UI design step is imperative, it needs to be based on the UX research and conceptualization
- Able and happy to communicate effectively across the company, advocating for the user in all situations
You have …
- 5+ years of UX experience in conceiving and crafting web experiences across devices, including native mobile.
- Expertise in Sketch, Invision, and Photoshop, with optional knowledge of usertesting.com and general analytics software.
- Business focus with experience creating a UX framework that has contributed to fast-paced organic growth.
- Excellent UI skills with a focus on the latest mobile trends
- An unquenchable curiosity to discover the psychology of our users and suss out their behavioral contradictions.
- A portfolio of beautiful finished projects and the steps that got there, such as user testing and interview scripts, user story mapping, wireframes, flow diagrams, etc.
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience with a product aimed at new parents
We will …
- Provide you with a challenging and fun environment
- Give you a huge degree of freedom and flexibility
- Expose you to all aspects of a start-up experiencing incredible growth
- Enable you to make a difference globally
- Welcome you to be part of a publicly-traded company with a global reach
- Offer you a competitive package with health stock options
- Offer the "startup package" perks like working from home, flexible hours, etc.