VP/Head of Product
Do you love creating memorable experiences? Do you want to build a beautiful product that millions of users will love? A product that makes a real difference in people’s lives?
Based in New York, you’ll be working with an incredible group of people dedicated to thinking big and acting small; executing big ideas at a global scale leading the Tinybeans core product strategy, team development, and execution plans.
With nearly 4 million members in over 200 countries/territories (including celebrities, politicians and high-profile families) and a 5-star App Store rating, Tinybeans is on a mission is to help families create real connections with each other and with resources to help them thrive.
What’s the job really?
Working closely with the CEO, you will have a significant strategic impact and influence the direction of the Tinybeans platform, own our product vision and long-term roadmap, scale our product team and ensure we deliver the best possible product experience for our users. Tinybeans is on a mission to reach 20M users in the next 3 years and you will be one of the key players on our path to success.
This role is critical to the organization and requires someone with proven experience in leading and shipping products in the consumer space whilst working to accelerate the growth of our user base.
Who are you?
To thrive in this role, you must lead with charisma, value autonomy, be user-centric while successfully collaborating as part of a team. You are solution-oriented and resourceful, making data-backed decisions to recommend successful product growth strategies.
Your passion for product will be the driving force for success and you have previously designed and developed products that have attained commercial success. You understand technology and are skilled at managing all stages of digital product development. You are a researcher by nature that utilizes data to gain insights into what users need.
User experience is your second language, design thinking is your go-to methodology, and you have a deep understanding of ethnography. You have the untenable power to turn data and research into a real product.
- Champion and embody the Tinybeans culture, mission, and values of entrepreneurship, ownership, and growth
- Own and drive the company’s product roadmap and vision, and work across the entire team to ensure that (quarterly/annual) strategic plans lead to business success
- Lead and develop a high-performing team in engineering, product management, product marketing, design, and user research to drive and advance the long-term product vision
- Measure the success and impact of releases and product development with clearly defined goals and measurable metrics
- Incorporate both quantitative and qualitative research into the product process, using this data for decision-making, prioritization, and product portfolio growth
- Identify key market trends and translate them into potential business opportunities and solutions. Must have a deep understanding of competitive offerings in the market and anticipate trends
- Drive and maintain a roadmap for an expanded product portfolio
- Be an advocate for the user. Define a culture of empathy and focus for the end-user experience
- Own and manage all product documentation
- Be a part of the core leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO
- Evangelize products with customers and internal stakeholders
- Facilitate product discovery, and validation with customers, by generating hypotheses and new concept ideas, and conducting user research using a wide variety of methods (surveys, interviews, user testing, etc.)
- 10+ years of Strategy/Product Management experience in technology product space and leading teams of Engineers, Designers, and Product Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent business experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Product Management in a startup, high growth, or medium-sized company (preferred)
- Proven track record of shipping successful products and features into a production environment
- Certification in Design Thinking or similar is a plus
- Provide you with a challenging and fun environment
- Give you a huge degree of freedom and flexibility
- Expose you to all aspects of a start-up experiencing incredible growth
- Welcome you to be part of a publicly-traded company with global reach
- Offer you a competitive package, with health, dental, vision, and stock options
- Encourage you to recharge your batteries offering generous time-off policy